Learn how to form the asymmetrical tulip topped basket in this intensive but fun workshop.
It is assumed that you will already be able to:
- make a suitable base
- do a 3 rod pulls down wales
- basic French randing
- You will be learning:
You will be learning:
- zig zag French with packing
- forming the border of the tulip topped basket
- working with hazel- cutting, drilling, sanding & applying sealant/ polish
- rose bud knots or similar tie
- trimming & tidying the basket
Perfect for intermediate/advanced weavers who have already mastered the basic asymmetrical castellated top basket.
- this course is physically demanding & you need a good degree of manual dexterity.
What do I need to bring?
Glasses (if you need them for close-up work).
Notebook and pen if you wish to make notes, but e-notes and links will be sent after the workshop.
Old clothes, covered, flat shoes (no sandals or open toes), something to tie hair back with (if needed).
Course leader: Rachel Hutton
Level: Intermediate / Advanced
Lunch provided: Yes
Tea, coffee, soup and cake will be provided (GF, DF and VG friendly).
Please feel free to bring your own packed lunch.