Learn how to make this stunning Celtic Knotwork style basket traditionally known as a Tatza- a Polish Bread Basket)– a great basket for beginners or for those developing their weaving style. If time allows we will also look at tension trays (perfect for hot pans or for place mats) which work in a similar way to the Tatza.
You will learn how to:
- select the rods for the basket
- choose colour to develop pattern in the weave
- manipulate rods to give a curvaceous form
- methodically weave the basket
- pull up the basket from flat to rounded
- trim & tidy the basket
Perfect for all levels.
- this course is physically demanding & you need a good degree of manual dexterity.
What do I need to bring?
Glasses (if you need them for close-up work).
Notebook and pen if you wish to make notes, but e-notes and links will be sent after the workshop.
Old clothes, covered, flat shoes (no sandals or open toes), something to tie hair back with (if needed).
Course leader: Rachel Hutton
Lunch provided: Yes
Tea, coffee, soup and cake will be provided (GF, DF and VG friendly).
Please feel free to bring your own packed lunch.